Apr 30, 2013
Apr 6, 2013
Meet Chris & Leah! We wanted to express their love of music & the city in their e-session so we started our shoot at Kleinahan's before walking to some of my favorite photo-op spots around Allentown. I love shooting down there; the street art, old brick buildings, cool walls & gorgeous late afternoon light that hits the street just right all make for perfect photo session spots! I love these images & have to compliment them on their wardrobe choices; looks so great with all the colors in the backgrounds. These two were so fun to work with & I can't wait for their wedding!
Apr 2, 2013
City Lights Studio is calling for not one, not two, but THREE wonderful interns!
1) City Lights Studio, Portrait & Wedding Photography : Internship will include assisting on portrait sessions (engagement, newborn, family, senior sessions, both in-studio and on-location), editing photographs, fulfilling client print orders, album design, file management, social media marketing, blogging, etc.,
2) City Lights Studio, Boudoir Photography : Internship will include assisting on boudoir portrait sessions, editing photographs, fulfilling client print orders, album design, file management, social media marketing, blogging, etc., This internship will focus exclusively on my boudoir photography business; sexy, fun sessions for women by women.
3) The Boutique Bridal Party : Internship will focus on expanding a bridal organization & publication that connects local wedding artisans with indie brides. Duties will include event planning, social media management, advertising, magazine/graphic design, emailing/contact management, etc.
Requirements for internships:
- Must be able to commit to a 6 month minimum unpaid internship
- Must be available 1-2 days a week (hours are flexible)
- Must have basic computer skills
- Must understand that running a business means doing plenty of not-so-fun things like cleaning, organizing, paperwork, runs to the bank & post office, etc
- MUST BE FUN TO BE AROUND. Whether it's organizing 30 people for a commercial portrait, jumping around to get twin toddlers to laugh for a photo, networking with other professionals, or meeting with potential wedding clients for the first time, much of this job requires being fun & outgoing. Happy to train the right person in any aspect of running these businesses because having a great personality is much more important than having a long list of skills :)
Perks include :
- Access to full professional studio & equipment for personal shoots
- Lessons in photography (in-studio & on-location), Lightroom, Photoshop, InDesign, Quickbooks, etc
- Great reference & résumé addition
- Endless coffee as well as lunches/dinners & (of course) wine/cocktails on the long days haha
- Getting to hang out with wonderful clients & two super cool pitbulls (who will try to lick you to death)
- And many random fun surprises along the way because, well, every day is something different!
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a link to your work (if available), résumé or description of your existing skillset & experience, as well as a few sentences explaining why you are interested in working with City Lights Studio or The Boutique Bridal Party. Thank you!!
Apr 1, 2013
We had a wonderful time shooting Meghan & Ryan's wedding last month! I'm partial to March weddings (my husband & I celebrated our one year anniversary on the 17th :) I also love city weddings (can't get enough of our gorgeous architecture), so needless to say, I was pumped when Meghan & Ryan booked with City Lights! We started at The Hotel @ The Lafayette in the bridal suite for photos before heading off to Trinity Episcopal church for a beautiful ceremony. We grabbed their big fun bridal party & headed down to Niagara Square & the Cobblestone District for portraits before heading back to the Lafayette for one big party! We had so much fun & loved this group!! Thanks to everyone for being so amazing to work with!
Holy gorgeousness!!! Am I right!?