Search This Blog

Dec 18, 2012

It's been a busy winter!

So, I know the bulk of my posts are loaded with lovely photos and while I don't have much to share right now, I just wanted to take a second to wish all of my followers well for the holiday season! I hope your shopping has been stress-free and you are eagerly awaiting some time off with those you love... I know I am!

This past month has been overwhelming busy! Starting with a whirlwind Thanksgiving weekend where my husband & I packed the car & drove 12 hours straight to Madison, WI to spend a few short days with my dadgrandparents & the entire Eichelkraut clan. It was wonderful, but we didn't have nearly enough time to spend there! 

While I was gone, I ran an online sale which generated hundreds of orders, which was wonderful! It also meant I had a lot of work waiting for me upon my return! In addition to that, almost 15 album orders came in over the last month or so that needed to be custom-designed & ordered. I've also been busy-busy with holiday portrait sessions and card designs. Pheww! Needless to say, I am oh-so ready to hibernate for a bit. 

So, moral of the story is that City Lights Studio will be closed 12/22-01/02! I will still be available by email but all ordersphoto sessions & album designs will be on hold while I spend some time with my friends family & husband (including bonding over & undoubtedly arguing through some major projects around our 113 year old home! haha)

There's a few other exciting new things I'd like to share while I'm doing a rare text-only blog! I now have an intern; his name is Mike & he's wonderful! He's only 18 but he's very talented, great with clients & overall fun to be around. It's a big step for me; I've never had anyone else besides myself working on the back-end of my business! It's been a great way to look over everything with a fresh set of eyes & make a lengthy list of goals for 2013! 


Also, you may have seen it on my Facebook page, but I've started working with Ali Eagen of Made by Anatomy on a few different collaborations! We started with a beautiful bridal shoot highlighting some great local vendors & real Buffalo couples. Our next project is a BIG one; we're working on an inventive bridal showcase featuring some of Buffalo's best wedding artisans! My brides are always asking for referrals for great make-up artists, accessory designers, videographers & more. What better way to answer than to get them all together in one room & throw a party?! 

The Boutique Bridal Party will be unlike any bridal show this town has ever seen! It's a creative cocktail party for brides-to-be and their friends to come have a drink, sample some food, receive a mini-makeover, watch a bridal fashion show, shop at the trunk sale & enter to win all sorts of great prizes! Best part is the tickets are only $8 and 100% of the proceeds go to Compass House, a non-for-profit working to help homeless teens. Words cannot even express how excited I am about this! Much, much more to come on this but for now please check out the website & help us spread the word on this new endeavor! www.boutiquebridalparty.com

That's all for now! 


Happy Holidays & see you in 2013!!




No comments:

Post a Comment