As a board member of Buffalo First! and small business owner myself, I encourage everyone to skip the chaos & stampedes this Black Friday and instead, sleep in, relax and when you're ready, grab your family & friends and head to one of our many shopping districts for a cup of coffee and a fun, slow-paced day of gift-buying. I personally am starting my morning at the Elmwood Village Black Friday Boutique Crawl, which each shop is offering a special and you can check out the deals here!
But, if you're looking for something truly unique, you do not want to miss the Give Local a Chance Bash & Marketplace on Black Friday 11/25 from 7-10PM at my new art studios building located at 515 Main St in the heart of downtown Buffalo! There will be dj's, drinks, dancing, a local marketplace of artisans upstairs and my favorite part, an Experience Buffalo auction! Why get someone a gift certificate for their favorite restaurant when you can buy them a private cooking lesson with the chef instead!? Not only do you get to be, well, pretty much the most kick-ass gift giver ever, but the bidding starts at only $75 and 100% goes back to Buffalo First! to keep supporting local businesses. Too cool.
Items for bid include:
- A personal cooking lesson with Chef Kate Elliott of Merge.
- A guided tour of Buffalo with Newell Nussbaumer (Founder, Buffalo Rising), including lunch at Betty’s.
- Local shopping expedition with fashionista Erin Habes (Lecturer, Buffalo State College) and Justin Azzarella (Executive Director, Elmwood Village Association).
- A singer/songwriter session with Free Henry!
- Pints with Flying Bison Brewery’s brewmaster Tim Herzog, at Ulrich’s Tavern.
- A tour of Community Beer Works operations and an afternoon with the fellas.
- Lunch for two at The Eights Bistro with local foodie guru, Tim Bartlett (General Manager, Lexington Co-Operative Food Market)
- A private shoot-along photography lesson with yours truly :)
Happy Shopping, Buffalo :)